Sagan 4 Forum
March 29, 2017, 01:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sagan 4 -- An alien planet ecosystem project -- Administrator -- Moderator -- Sagan 4 Team
We are moving to the Speculative Evolution forum. Please go to the Sagan 4 Sub-Forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding a New Home  (Read 1765 times)
Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:
Diorama MakerBiome AdopterLandmark MakerFood Web MakerDiversifierDiversifying MasterGeneration MasterCladogram MakerMoviemaker

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »

Everyone please scan this forum for any posts that should go over to the new forum. I feel like we are forgetting some important stuff.

Bufforpington
Sagan 4 Team
Krakowhydra velox

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 07:33:46 PM »

I think we've managed to transfer all of the really important stuff. The only thing I can think of are food webs. Maybe 'completing the solar system' because it contains a work in progress planet. The Sagan 4 comic might be worth transferring too.

However, I think we should focus on fixing/replacing the wiki. We can't really do much with the project without it.
Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:
Diorama MakerBiome AdopterLandmark MakerFood Web MakerDiversifierDiversifying MasterGeneration MasterCladogram MakerMoviemaker

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »

I have bee working on getting the wiki saved. It's just been slow. I sent the new wiki place (Miraheze) the Sagan 4 SQL files and then they asked for XML ones to make the work go faster but LadyM said she had none. And so I responded back that we had none And now am waiting for an answer back if they can still do it. Meanwhile Shout wiki still never replied back even after sending multiple requests. So right now only Miraheze is actually actively responding back and forth.

Bufforpington
Sagan 4 Team
Krakowhydra velox

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2017, 05:33:57 AM »

Okay. I'm sorry for bugging you. I can't tell what's going on with the wiki. I think I can wait a little longer. I've got a few more species plans for generation 161 that do not require the wiki. After that, I can kill more time by drawing next generation's pedesorm species.
Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2017, 03:55:05 PM »

Over the weekend progress was made. LadyM sent new stuff and Miraheze said they can do it with the new files LadyM provided. So lets hope the new Sagan 4 Wiki gets up soon!

Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 05:13:41 AM »

Sill having issues with moving the wiki. However here is an old archive from the way back machine from last summer.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160825193011/http://wiki.mydigiview.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Its missing the important pages but still you can see some old stuff.

Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 04:18:43 PM »

The new wiki host is still having trouble. But I did get LadyM's thumb drive today. So at least Sagan 4 is safe on those if anything happens. Note it has a backup of the Wiki, forum and blog. So that means everything is saved with the forum too incase we missed anything in the move.

jlind11
Sagan 4 Team
Spikedshell Bubblehorn

Awards:
Diorama WinnerDiversifierBiome Adopter (Darwin Alpine)

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »

Any Updates on the new wiki?
Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 12:28:54 AM »

Last Sunday they said "I am still looking through the files but the XML dump still does not work. It is probably because it was created with an old Mediawiki version. I'll inform you if I find anything". I think better message them again.

Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »

So Miraheze still is not being able to use the older XML dump of the wiki that LadyM provided. LadyM says she cannot make a new dump because the database is closed. So we are stick with an older dump. I have no idea what to do. If anyone can figure out a way use the older dump please let me know. Otherwise the wiki is dead and I cannot bring it back. Sad

This is so frustrating and makes me so sad.  Cry Cry Cry Cry

Jvirus
Sagan 4 Team
Protomancerxia Binarflagella

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »

Is it possible to find another site that can use it, or would it be the same problem for other sites?
Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2017, 02:23:13 PM »

I sent a email to wikia to see if they could.

Also I asked LadyM if the old wiki could be brought back temporarily so it could be upgraded to the current metawiki. She said the site has not responded back to her. But if it did she doesn't know how to update the metawiki.

I also am asking Miraheze is they know how to update the metawiki if somehow the old wiki is able to be brought online for upgrading and then making a new XML dump to send to Miraheze.

If anyone can help in any way, I could really use the help.

Hydromancerx
Administrator
Black-Winged Nobom

Awards:

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Yesterday at 02:01:04 AM »

My mom went to the ER today and has pneumonia. She is in critical condition. I probably won't be around for a few days.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: